Saturday 27 September 2008

Party on.....erm........dude.............

What are you supposed to do with weekends? I've worked hard all week, I get to Friday and it feels like I do the same stuff over and over again. If we stay sober on the Friday night, go to bed at a reasonable time and then spend Saturday doing stuff I come to find myself twiddling my thumbs by the time evening arrives. Then Sunday is spent eating and messing about on the internet and the whole thing just drags and drags.

If I do the opposite and find myself going to bed at some point in the early ours of Saturday morning then Sunday appears rapidly and I get that sinking feeling you used to get as a child where you are hoping that the episode of Only Fools and Horses you're allowed to stay up and watch is a long one so you can stay up later and put off the inevitable arrival of Monday and therefore school.

It's a bit of a lose lose situation. I can't help but wonder what other folks do? Am I alone in my confusion and constant wishing I'd done the opposite? Take this weekend as an example. So far it's been spent having an early night (I've had another crap night's sleep), getting up much earlier than I'd like and spending money I don't have on expensive cosmetics because I'm far more vain than I would ever like to admit. Now, I'm debating whether to go to the pub and possibly a club, or stay in and do nothing. I don't want a hangover or the recovery process that goes with that, but I'm also incredibly bored. ARRRGH!

1 comment:

kate said...

SNAP. If I spend too much time enjoying myself or relaxing I worry that I should have got more STUFF done.