Monday 8 September 2008

Hole in'th'wall

The hole in the wall is fixed, in fact, we now have three perfectly plastered walls. The trouble is they aren't drying as quickly as I would have liked, especially as I've now chosen my wallpaper and paint colours for the room. We've chosen a paper from a collection called 1829 which is supposed to be period type gubbins. Him indoors didn't think much of it in the shop, but after we'd brought a sample home and held it against the wall he changed his mind. It's kind of magnolia with dusky pink flowers (it sounds much much worse than it is, I promise!).

I just want to get going with it now though, I need it to be finished by my 30th in a few weeks because we've got people coming to stay and I doubt they'll all fit on the settee. Speaking of my 30th, I'm being badgered into doing something when all I actually want to do is pretend it's not happening. I realise that this is a very ridiculous attitude to take as it is aferall just a number, but I just feel a bit as though my life is ebbing away and I have nothing to show for it. I suppose what didn't help was finding out that someone was being paid TWO THOUSAND POUNDS more than me for doing a lesser job. I guess that's what you get for discussing salaries.

No comments: