Tuesday 16 September 2008

It's finished!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO! I feel an enormous sense of achievement. Last night, at midnight, after hours of arguing and swearing we completed the room. It's now beautifully papered and painted. It's also clean and waiting to have everything put back into it. I think we've done a great job with the papering despite neither of us having done it before and the fact that we picked one with a very busy pattern. There is one part of it that isn't quite right, but you won't be able to see that because it's where the bed will live. The only bit I'm not entirely happy with is the paint finish. It seems I've rather ruined it with my painting over the crackle. It's worked in one sense in that I've covered the crackle, but it's left an impression of being painted over which is obvious.

Anyway, things I have learned about DIY....

1. There is no easy way around a job.
2. Painting is harder than it looks.
3. Papering is easier than everyone's says.
4. People who put wallpaper on top of wallpaper shouldn't be allowed to own houses.
5. Get someone else in to do the work.

1 comment:

dotmund said...

I always tell everyone that painting is harder than it looks, and now you all have to believe me, a ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha