Saturday 13 December 2008

Christmas

I love Christmas me. Or at least I did before I got a job where I would have to work on odd days throughout the festive period. This means I can't spend any of this holiday for any length of time with any of the people I care about. I'm going to my parents on Christmas Eve itself, which means a good four hour journey if I'm lucky, and if I'm unlucky, I'll arrive sometime around midnight. Then, I'll have to travel back on the 27th, so I can be back in time to go to work. I'm starting to wonder what my boss would say if I decided to book two weeks off next year right over Christmas....

Having said all that though, I am looking forward to the time I am going to spend with the folks, I don't see them as much as I would like, but I guess this is what being a grown up is all about, isn't it?!

We've nearly finished all our Christmas shopping too, only a few more people to buy for and then we're done. However, we've jumped the gun a little where the festive snacks and Roses chocolates are concerned, and nearly finished a bag and a tin of both.

No comments: