Tuesday 30 December 2008

Changing Rooms? PAH!

We're now in the process of transforming a cheap chest of drawers into a cheap chest of drawers with new fronts. The idea was to cover them with the leftover wallpaper and thus make them match the spare room. But, as usual we only had enough left to cover three of the five drawers. We're now going to have to use that special paint for faux wood and MDF and paint the remaining two with that to make the whole thing match. Now, this is either going to look ludicrous, in which case it's time to get to Argos, OR it'll look spot on. The wallpapered ones look good, and I have a new found love of arts and crafts, but I'm not so confident of our prowess with the old spray can, but we shall see.

As you can tell, we STILL haven't finished the spare room, the shelves are going back up tomorrow, and the full length mirror went up tonight. I shall hang the pictures last of all I think and I'm still in two minds as to whether I want my PC back in there. If I put it back then it will free up space in our room for us to put something in it's place and if I don't then it'll be the nicest room in the house that no one ever goes in. This in itself is a problem because I want a nice room that no one messes up, but it seems like an awful lot of wasted time and indeed money for no one to use it.

I went to work for the last time this year today and it was terminally dull. We've also been to the SALES! Except I have bought nothing except a pair of black jeans that I didn't try on because I expected them to fit. Turns out they don't and further more they are too big, so every cloud and all that! I've got to take them back tomorrow morning which I expect will be fun.

No comments: