Sunday 14 December 2008

Another weekend flies by

This time last year we discovered that our brand new cooker didn't quite reach it's top temperature, needless to say we left it until two weeks ago to do anything about it. We are lazy and probably only really decided to do something when the grill ignition gave up a month ago. Tomorrow the repairman is coming to hopefully sort it out as we had to send off for new parts but it's meant taking a day off work to wait in. Of course they can't give us a time so it's looking like it's not going to be overly productive tomorrow.

We've not done a great deal this weekend, I went to work on Saturday and missed going out for a friend's birthday on Friday night. Then last night went round the corner to see some friends for a few hours. They're looking after another pal's cat. He was in the bad books though after defecating on the brand new stair carpet. Having said that though he seems to be settling in as he came and sat with us in the living room for much longer than he had been doing.

Madam Paws woke me up this morning by standing next to my head and shouting at me. I desperately tried not to open my eyes as that is the kiss of death as then she knows you are awake and will not leave you alone. I wasn't successful though and so she meowed for around half an hour before I gave in and got up. Seems I'm destined to never ever have a lie in.

I think I'm starting to come down with the illness that seems to be doing the rounds lately, I've had a sore throat since Friday afternoon. Just my luck to get it in time for Christmas!

No comments: