Friday 23 January 2009

EAT!

I am an avid viewer of the Channel 4 series Come Dine With Me, and this week's programmes have been simply the best five episodes they've ever made. Set in Preston, they managed to find five massively different and need I say loony folk to take part. First of all there was a gay man who used to run a drag bar in Spain, a weird carpet seller with a chip on his shoulder about other people being in the limelight, a man who should by rights be very attractive but just wasn't, an old woman who talked in the most odd voice and with her chin in the air, and last, but by no means on this earth least, a beautician who managed to be drunk or "tired" every night. Her evening was BRILLIANT, she made the starter and then someone else had to cook her main course because she had to go to sleep. I laughed till I cried at that. Small things eh?!

I've also much enjoyed watching Heston Blumenthal and his work with Little Chef but would have liked to have seen more wacky food put on the menu. Anything has got to be better than the food I remember from my childhood. In fact, I pretty much only remember getting a drumstick lolly, so I at least expected drumstick lolly soup, or drumstick lolly on toast with a side of deep fried drumstick lolly.

No comments: