Thursday 5 March 2009

Let's go round again

So, painting has begun once more here at the ranch. We've moved on to the hallway which has been irritating me since we moved in. The previous owners had painted it a delightful shade of Baby Shit Brown which was a terrible choice given the size of the space. I've opted for Lemon Pie which is basically not a massively bright yellow. Because of the afore mention BSB, I've spent most of the day going over it in white. Now, this sounds easier than it's turned out to be, mainly because I'm not allowed to use the ladders on my own in case I fall and break my neck when nobody is about. So, I've done the lower parts and am waiting for laddo to do the higher sections tonight. Tomorrow will see the yellow go up and I'm quite excited.

All this has made me all the more determined to get a professional in to do the living room I'm exhausted.

In other news, I've been off work all week and I'm really not looking forward to going back. I've got about 5 weeks of hard graft to look forward to come Sunday. I could get used to this housewife business. Having said that, I miss the craic and the people I work with. Also, I made my public debut as a DJ at my friend's birthday party last Saturday. I personally think I could have done better, but a couple of people have said I was ok, so I'm choosing to take their word for it.

I'm also looking at the possibility of going on some kind of driving holiday to America, the plan is to start in Boston, take in New York, Washington and a few other places in that corner. I think it may have to happen next year though because I'm not sure I've got enough time to plan it and put that plan into practise.

No comments: